Native American Societies Project
Objective: to learn about Native American cultures on the eve of contact, and their reactions to the arrival of the European peoples.
Group Size: 2-3 students
Native American Tribes:
- Southeast (i.e. Creek, Cherokee, Choctaw, Seminole)
- Northeast (i.e. Iroquois, Huron, Mohawk, Mohegan)
- Plains/Prairie (i.e. Cheyenne, Sioux, Arapaho, Comanche)
- Southwest/Anasazi (i.e. Zuni, Pueblo, Navajo, Apache, Hopi)
- Great Basin (i.e. Ute, Shoshone)
- California (i.e.
- Northwest (i.e. Chinook, Tillamook)